MasterCard Manager, Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
This Manager, Software Engineering will lead a capability team within our Rewards platform. Rewards is an exciting and dynamic team that provides solutions that enable our customers optimize their loyalty programs from beginning to end. We build and manage global solutions that enable merchants and issuers to offer points, miles, or cashback benefits seamlessly to their cardholders. Customers are able to build and implement custom promotions using our sophisticated rules engine to target spend categories or target increasing engagement with cardholders. Our teams work on micro services with end to end ownership.
The Manger of Software Development Engineering will be responsible for leading the development efforts of a capability team delivering against major projects and complex assignments. The manager will manage development teams and will create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. This position interacts with product managers, architects, engineering leaders, and other software developers on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure solutions. The role includes:
• Hands-on development manager who reviews and writes high quality, secure code
• Contribute to all parts of the software’s development including design, development, documentation, and testing
• Responsible for the review and integration of vendor-provided systems and custom built products with existing components
• Have ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment
All About You
• Analytical with a problem-solving mindset
• Ability to operate effectively independently and in ambiguous situations
• Excellent written and oral communications, including communicating technical complexities in a simple to understand manner
• Competent career coach that can manage a cross-disciplinary technical staff
• Web services & API standards (REST/OAuth/JSON)
• Programming & Scripting Languages (2 or more of Java, C++, Scala, JS, Python, Shell*)
• Application Frameworks (springboot, node.js, vert.x)
• Web application frameworks (AngularJS, Flask, Spring)
• Software Architectures (mico-services, event driven, peer-to-peer)
• Application Security
• Asynchronous Pub-Sub and Point to Point Messaging Systems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114365