MasterCard Manager, Product Development in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development
• Job Posting Title
Manager, Product Development, Identity Solutions
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) Solutions team develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. As part of this organization, the Identity Solutions team leads the development and delivery of innovative authentication products that enable simple and secure payment experiences for consumers.
Solutions are focused on authentication in ecommerce as well as all stakeholders; issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors and consumers. The key objectives are to verify consumer identity, reduce consumer abandonments in ecommerce, reduce fraud and increase purchase approval rates, all leading to better customer experiences while using their Mastercard.
As part of this team, the candidate will:
• Maintain and influence Industry Standards for Authentication that form the basis of global, interoperable and scalable solutions for Mastercard and the broader Payment Industry.
• Ensure that the Authentication Program and Industry Standards are developed to handle emerging authentication eco-system.
• Help drive the development of the next generation of identity products running on Mastercard’s global authentication network.
• Develop new product positioning, innovative content, media, and thought leadership.
• Develop and maintain road-maps for industry and Mastercard’s authentication network related changes.
What are we looking for?
• Do you have a passion for security and digital payments?
• Are you motivated to be a part of securing the growth of electronic payments?
• Are you motivated to leverage your creative skills to drive real market change?
• Do you enjoy working with dynamic, cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, high-visibility role?
• Provide the leadership to orchestrate thorough analysis of industry trends and strategic planning across cross functional teams to develop assessments of the evolving industry standards for authentication.
• Responsible for identifying ongoing needs across the regions for new program and standard capabilities, tools, thought leadership, etc. and contribute to the development of platform strategies that help drive value to the organization.
• Document and provide credible and clear analysis, understanding and recommendations that enable decision making for the global program and their implications.
• Collaborate with platform solutions team to research new technologies and competitive products to develop additional product ideas and enhancements.
• Create and maintain Roadmap capturing critical changes and milestones for the industry standards and Mastercard’s authentication program management
• Participate in special projects and strategic initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Responsible for working with platforms solutions and global product teams to develop training or presentation content for internal product and customer facing teams. May be responsible for delivering presentations to key external stakeholders and customers.
• Responsible for development of plans and execution of training programs and content/media.
• Understand and manage stakeholder expectations at a senior and executive level
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with global and regional product project teams.
All About You
• Self-starter with strong cross functional leadership and ability to drive tangible results with partners while operating within a dynamic team environment
• The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and can capably document detailed concepts as well as craft communications for executive audiences
• Payment industry experience of minimum 5 years is required.
• Prior Business Analyst and Product Management experience is a strong plus.
• Experience working on large scale global projects/efforts
• Strong and effective verbal and written communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in building and managing roadmaps across complex products. Global experience is a plus.
• Strong understanding of digital payments, payment authentication, payment processing, relevant product offerings and security landscape is a plus for the role.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167629