MasterCard Manager, Product Development – Network Products – Network Enhancements in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development – Network Products – Network Enhancements
• Within P&E, the Network Products team oversees Mastercard’s Next Gen Network initiatives (such Network Access, Transaction Switching, and Network Enhancements).
• The vision for the Network Enhancements product development team is to delight our customers and increase our revenues by enhancing our network’s capabilities, functions & reach; for example, by providing a new real-time clearing capability.
• This position will deliver the Network Enhancements in partnership with the cross-functional global stakeholders: Product Strategy, Product Management, Engineering, Customer delivery, BizOps and CIS.
• Demonstrate end-to-end ownership and Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to design, develop and deliver scalable products for commercialization, ensuring the build effort concludes on time and budget, enabling a go-to-market plan focused on ease of delivery and great customer experience.
• Ensure the integrity and consistency of the delivery of the vision across all products: capabilities, scalability, performance, speed-to-market, readiness for growth, re-usability.
• Detail the epics, participate to the definition of the flows and interfaces for the product, perform joint solution design with Engineering teams, structure the roadmap and propose phasing of the delivery, prioritize the backlog, define the acceptance criteria, accept the features.
• Produce the artifacts needed by our internal customers with consistency, quality and care: sequence diagrams, capability training decks for product management, DevZone API articles, content to be inserted in product guide, …
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate product management excellence and share best practices
• Apply logic, reasoning, and sound decision-making skills to elaborate solutions with Engineering teams.
• Elaborate the concepts and achieve clarity of thought about what will ultimately be built.
• Fully understand the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems supporting the products, including: business requirements, use cases, UX, back-office systems, technical stack, interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Ensure replication of knowledge, share workload on initiatives, ensure mutual back-up, help the team scale, learn and expand its scope.
• Assist with new team members training
All About You
• Like to dive deep into the operational characteristics of the product
• Be comfortable with ambiguity, i.e. be able to forge a path forward between minimum amount of requirements and complexity of the ecosystem to leverage. Tenacity, exploration, analysis.
• Experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Experience in elaborating requirements, designing solutions, understanding systems capabilities and limitations by executing on features and enhancements
• Product development experience
• Accountability, sense of urgency, care, passion for the domain.
• Superior oral and written communication and organization skills.
• Problem solving and pragmatic mindset, analytical skills, attention to documentation.
• Experience in ISO 8583-based payment systems, especially Mastercard’s, is a definite plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161922