MasterCard Manager, Operations Support in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Operations Support
• Globally partnering with our Customers to deliver world class technical support for MasterCard infrastructures and applications, enabling growth, diversification and new business generation.
• Provide 24x7x365 technical operations support for MasterCard’s global infrastructure; with focus on minimizing impact to Customers and internal users. SHIFT WORK 6 am-6 pm Thursday - Saturday and alternating Wednesdays.
• Manage those who monitor the infrastructure, and be a key stakeholder in MasterCard Incident and Change Management processes.
• Regularly perform data analysis to determine MasterCard’s performance and identify areas of improvement.
• Plan, coordinate and implement change within the network environment.
• Provide business knowledge and technical support for department.
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision to staff.
• Ensure area is adequately staffed and managed; personnel have appropriate training and skills resulting in successful behaviors.
• Perform strategic planning, financial planning, administration and management of department.
• Provide technical and advisory support for staff to ensure the development and implementation of applications.
• Provide management level status reports.
• Coordinate multiple project efforts.
All about You
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• People management experience.
• Advanced-level knowledge of routing, switching, tunneling, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
• Expert -level ability to perform post-event analysis.
• Management experience applying extended expertise of principles, theories and concepts.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with multiple functions within an organization.
• Experience in developing and managing departmental budget.
• Demonstrates the ability to function in 5 of the following disciplines: UNIX, Mainframe, Production Control, File Transfer, Single-Message, Dual-Message, or Network), and has intermediate-level understanding in at least 4 areas.
• Advanced UNIX scripting and tool monitoring, JCL, MVS, batch scheduling, knowledge of tandem technology.
• Effective problem and troubleshooting skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective organization skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-71524