MasterCard Manager, HR Data Visualization in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, HR Data Visualization
The Manager, HR Data Visualization will be a member of a newly formed HR Enterprise Capability & Service Excellence CoE.
This individual will play a key role in maturing Mastercard’s people analytics capability. Our ideal candidate has a passion for clearly conveying data-driven visual stories to a wide range of audiences. They love data and are able to coherently ‘speak data’ to others. In addition to having profound information design and storytelling abilities, they are resourceful, confident under pressure, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
It is essential for this individual to possess a breadth of technical skills across data management, data wrangling, data analytics, and data visualization domains. Responsibilities include informing the design of data structures, building and enhancing dashboards, scorecards, and performance interactive data visualizations, as well as communicating insights across various distribution methods.
• Partners closely with internal stakeholders to inform the design of a best-in-class HR DW that supports a wide variety of data visualizations
• Productionalizes enterprise dashboard POCs, leveraging data visualization best practices and standards
• Transforms data into clear and compelling stories that issue clear imperatives for executive-level audiences
• Experience providing alternative analytical solutions that have a lasting operational and financial impact
• Advanced level knowledge and experience in SQL (Hive, Impala, and SQL Server preferred)
• Proven experience with ETL tools (e.g., Alteryx, Informatica)
• Extensive knowledge of BI tools (Tableau and Domo preferred)
• Expertise in HR data (Workday preferred)
• Big data experience with Hadoop technologies such as Hive/Impala and MapReduce preferred
• Advanced end-to-end problem-solving and communication abilities: diagnosis, data integration, data cleaning, analysis, visualization, and presentation
• Advanced ability to surface data-driven insights in storyboard form to ensure the message resonates with the target audience
• Experience with Agile/Scrum environment preferred
• Creative and nimble with ability to overcome obstacles to solve hard problems
• Flexible and responsive with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority
• Ability to collaborate with peers and cross functional teams
• Comfortable presenting data-driven stories to executive-level audiences
• Ability to work within the confines of data governance and privacy standards
• BS or MS in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related quantitative discipline
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96223