MasterCard Manager, Data Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Data Management
The Data Management & Quality team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Data Office) is responsible for developing and driving Mastercard’s core data management program and broadening its data governance efforts. This team ensures that Mastercard maintains and increases the value of Mastercard’s data assets as we enable new forms of payment, new players in the ecosystem and expanded collection and use of data to support new lines of business.
Technology Alignment, Data Management & Quality team is responsible for strategically designing, prioritizing and automating the data infrastructure and capability needs related to the Mastercard’s Open Banking offerings and acquisitions with the broader enterprise data management and governance initiatives to ensure that data is consistent and classified, data quality is assessed, data ingestion is governed and data lineage is tracked in order to maximize its utility and accessibility.
This individual will report to the Vice President, Technology Alignment, Data Management & Quality in the Data Strategy & Management team.
• Enable the design and development of data-based products and solutions while identifying data infrastructure and capability related requirements
• Assist with the design of new data capabilities and infrastructure relating to accessing and using new data assets from the acquisitions and other existing assets, including data transfers and compliance related infrastructure
• Understand the Open Banking team’s business strategy, information infrastructure and data needs for both new and existing products and services across various product initiatives within the respective business unit
• Participate in analysis sessions to assist teams in understanding, capturing and defining business requirements clearly, completely, and accurately
• Identify data-related capabilities and infrastructure requirements resulting from new and evolving product constructs and how those requirements can be developed
• Determine and document methodologies to characterize data at ingestion and through the data lifecycle so that the data can be classified/tagged and leveraged according to its classification to ensure compliance with policy, law and contracts
• Assist in working to automate frameworks and compliance processes for the business unit’s collection use, sharing and disclosure of data taking into consideration the data, operational, reputational and partnership-related requirements for the business
• Enable innovation and provide inputs to build business case and return on investment (ROI) analysis for new technologies related to data enhancing capabilities
• Effectively collaborate and align with the key stakeholders across Operations and Technology (O&T) and various business teams to enable the design and development of data-based products and solutions as well as long term viability of information assets and enterprise requirements
• Support architectural data and technology alignment with Master Data Management principles and Data Standards
• Identify existing gaps or opportunities within open banking and other related strategic initiatives and provide support of remediation.
• Takes initiative to stay well-informed of cutting edge data management practices, technology developments and assesses application for the organization.
All About You
• Experience in data product development, analytical models and model governance
• Experience in data hygiene procedures, identity resolution capabilities or data management a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team.
• Highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to grow and flexibly multi-task between strategy-related work and tactical ‘in the trenches’ work on high profile projects. Ability to produce effective business results while under time pressures. Experience in any of the following disciplines/technologies is an advantage: data and analytics solutions, metadata management solutions, data governance, data categorization taxonomy and ontology models, data classification, data lineage, data integration
• Understanding of one or more of the latest advances in architecture is an advantage, such as “as a service” and/or microservice SOA architectures, semantic or knowledge based technologies e.g. knowledge graphs
• Ability to understand and analyze complex information products, systems and processes and to break down complex concepts and vaguely defined problems into simple information to aid organizational understanding and identify common themes
• Ability to create strategies and plans that define how information can be utilized to support an organization's overall business strategy, and how that information and data is organized, and governed inside an organization.
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs.
• Familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data.
• Ability to work across business and technical teams to build consensus and to lead cross-functional teams of subject matter experts
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129646