MasterCard Manager, Data Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Data Management
• The Data Management & Quality team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Chief Data Office) is responsible for developing and driving Mastercard’s core data management program and broadening its data governance efforts. This team ensures that Mastercard maintains and increases the value of Mastercard’s data assets as we enable new forms of payment, new players in the ecosystem and expanded collection and use of data to support new lines of business.
• The Manager Data Management, Master Data Management for Open Banking is responsible for the executon of master data management strategy in the respective data. This individual will contribute towards the development, management and execution of the strategic vision that will lead to the alignment of data and the development a single source of truth for that data domain.
• This individual will serve as a master and reference data management subject matter expert for the Information Exchange/Open Banking, as Mastercard expands its data management program and strategy within the office of the Chief Data Officer (CDO).
Manager, Data Management, Master Data Management
• Execute assigned master and reference data classification and management functions for Open Banking
• Grow to become the master and reference data classification subject matter expertise across Information Exchange / Open Banking domain as well as other data-centric projects, often having high levels of business complexity, regulatory requirements such as Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA) and involving multiple business areas and stakeholders.
• Participate in analysis sessions to assist teams in understanding, capturing and defining MDM requirements clearly, completely, and accurately
• Partner with Franchise and Product Management Excellence teams, become knowledgeable with the customer lifecycle management and product lifecycle management processes. Participate in defining, developing, and managing the implementation of master and reference data classification strategy, roadmap, principles, governance and best practices for the above processes
• Provide input into ongoing master and reference data classification operational and analytic needs across the Information Exchange / Open Banking enterprise
• Identify existing gaps or control weaknesses with master and reference data classification processes and track issues, while providing subject matter expertise in support of remediation
• Serve as a data-driven change agent and advocate, persuading and influencing the organization at all levels
• Collaborate with Operations and Technology (O&T) teams to ensure architectural data and technology alignment with master and reference data classification principles. Influences and/or provides master and reference data classification requirements for platforms and services
• Innovate and provide inputs to build business case and return on investment (ROI) analysis for new technologies related to master and reference data classification
• Takes initiative to stay well-informed of cutting edge master and reference data classification and data management field and technology developments and assesses application for the organization
• This individuals will also be responsible for the effective alignment with key stakeholders in franchise, product, corporate and Operations & Technology and business units globally to implement the data management strategy
All About You
• Hands-on experience with large-scale master and reference data classification projects
• Demonstrated experience in executing established master and reference data classification strategies, processes, policies and procedures
• Highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to grow and flexibly multi-task between strategy-related work and tactical ‘in the trenches’ work on high profile projects. Ability to produce effective business results while under time pressures
• Experience in any of the following disciplines/technologies is an advantage: data and analytics solutions, metadata management solutions, data governance, stewardship, data categorization taxonomy and ontology models, data classification, data integration
• Understanding of one or more of the latest advances in architecture is an advantage, such as “as a service” and/or microservice SOA architectures, semantic or knowledge based technologies e.g. knowledge graphs
• Familiarity with master and reference data classification tooling
• Ability to understand and analyze complex information products, systems and processes and to break down complex concepts and vaguely defined problems into simple information to aid organizational understanding and identify common themes
• Effective interpersonal communication, relationship-building and presentation skills
• Without direct authority, ability to motivate and influence others to achieve organization goals
• Ability to work across business and technical teams to build consensus and to lead cross-functional teams of subject matter experts
• Understanding of regulatory requirements related to managing personally identifiable data preferred
• Experience in the technology and/or finance industries is helpful
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129654