MasterCard Manager, Customer Compliance & Fraud in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Customer Compliance & Fraud
The Account Data Compromise (ADC) team is a group in the Franchise department with a specific focus on identifying and mitigating data compromise events on a global basis. With a heavy focus on data breach events and cyber security, this team acts as an intermediary between our issuing and acquiring customers during the management of cyber security events impacting the payments ecosystem.
The Manager in this role will report to the Vice President, Account Data Compromise. This role includes the management of data compromise investigations on a global basis while directly interacting with issuers, acquirers, processors, and forensic Investigators.
The candidate identified will have a core set of skills that include the following:
• Research, evaluate, and interpret investigation findings, fraud patterns and security vulnerabilities to assess payment card exposure related to ADC Events.
• Validate implementation of risk remediation steps, recommendations, and corrective measures.
• Identify key barriers, core issues, and apply problem solving skills to deal creatively with difficult situations.
• Educate customers, merchants, and third parties to ensure the safety and security of the payments ecosystem.
• Responsible for the development, growth, and future enhancements to the ADC program.
• Monitors, coaches, leads, and develops the junior employees.
• Coordinate with other internal departments and teams to develop and evolve ADC program.
• Knowledge and ability to understand fraud/risk and stay current on new trends.
• Knowledge of payment card data compromise methods and cyber attack methods.
• Requires a high level of tact and integrity due to the nature and frequency of communications with high level internal and external contacts and regular exposure to confidential information.
All About You
• CISSP, CFE or CISM preferred.
• PCI experience or knowledge.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Strong data analytics, coding, and OSINT skills.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with executives.
• Motivated and independent self-starter, see and flag issues and propose solutions.
• Ability to effectively prioritize, organize and identify the long-term vision of the program.
• Experience and understanding of the payment’s ecosystems and Mastercard functions.
• Must understand and be able to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information/data.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-160618