MasterCard Manager, BizOps in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
• The role of Business Operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms
• We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and root cause by understanding the business implications of our products
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Lead streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities
• Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Manage React teams responsible for Mastercard’s Switching platform
• Lead Business Operations efforts (speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. Lead activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Core Switching applications.
• Manage, implement, enhance, and enforce consistent company and department Business Ops practices
• Apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support MasterCard Core Switching applications
• Manage a diverse and global team of resources to include senior level SMEs within Core Switching
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Background in Site Reliability Engineering practices a distinct advantage
• Background in automation a distinct advantage
• High energy and ability to influence others
• Experience in overseeing multiple projects / initiatives concurrently
• Strong understanding of all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle
• Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into MasterCard’s Business Operations vision.
• Exceptional communication skills required
• Advanced presentation skills
• Strong project management skills and success in managing large-scale cross-functional teams
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139806