MasterCard Manager, Biz Ops in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Biz Ops
• The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms
• We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business implications of our products
• Shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities
• Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Takes focus on specific areas of Business Operations for a platform.
• Responsible for coordinating with one or more groups to ensure platform goals are met.
• Develops plans to improve quality on a group of applications of a platform.
• Ensures platform procedures interact with other related systems.
• Researches new methodologies to improve Business Operations.
• Coaches junior level employees on Business Operations best practices.
• Experience in application development lifecycles and how it integrates with operations.
• Successful track record in supporting a production application.
• Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships.
• Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency.
• Identifying and communicating risks proactively that can prevent incidents for all lines of business.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131170