MasterCard Manager, Application / Production Support in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Application / Production Support
• Are you motivated to solve complex issues and enhance Customer Experience?
• Do you consider yourself someone who can bridge a gap between customers, technology, and business partners?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving efficiency gains?
• Have you led a team of diverse skills and experience?
• Do you enjoy working with numerous teams and building relationships?
• Oversee and drive implementation of Business Ops practices for MasterCard Core applications
• Lead Business Operations (speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and other key support teams.
• Manage and report on incident, problem, and implementations of Core applications
• Apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support MasterCard Core applications
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Strong understanding of needs for support as a service and how support fits into the Software Development Lifecycle
• Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into MasterCard’s Business Operations vision.
• Exceptional communication skills & Advanced presentation skills required
• Hands-on production support manager with debugging skills on latest technologies inlcuding Java, J2EE, Spring boot, Cloud technologies.
• Strong project management skills and success in managing large-scale cross-functional projects and teams
• Ability to manage issues with short and long term solutions to problems
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Position with extensive understanding and knowledge of software operations and operational support functions with solid knowledge of required services. Provides management direction and recommends strategic directions based on established policy. Leads and manages staff and assures staffing, training and objective setting. Recommends policy changes and implementations. Interacts with development, operations, other support teams and business teams to ensure stability and improve the availability of our services.
• 24X7 Production Support
•Coordinate and perform implementation of software and configuration changes
•Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met.
•Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
•Ensure development, review and implementation of policy changes based on approved recommendations with minimal customer or staff interruption.
•Review and approve the development or revision of operational processes and procedures.
•Recommend annual cost center budget and ensure appropriate expenditures within that approved budget.
•Recommend strategic direction and policy changes.
•Advance operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements that may affect consistent delivery of quality services.
Bachelor’s Degree in related functional area or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
Knowledge / Experience:
•Intermediate experience in this or a related field
•Experience preparing & delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences.
•Experience mentoring and developing resources in a high performance culture.
•Ability to translate highly complex technical matters into easily digestible and actionable plans.
•Advanced knowledge of business or function.
•Requires the ability to lead and manage senior technical individual contributor and management staffs with the ability to foster open communications across various organizational levels. Requires skills to motivate direct and indirect reports to deliver superior results.
•Requires the skills to provide functional and directional guidance to staff and recommend policy or strategic direction changes to management.
•Requires the ability to interact across multiple organizational levels and assume a lead role and set direction for large or complex projects.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-92565