MasterCard Manager, Accounting in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Are you motivated to work in a team that provides global services?
• Are you passionate about leading a team?
• Do you like to simplify, standardize, and transform existing processes?
Manages accounting functions within the gross revenue accounting process. Manages implementation effort to transform and standardize revenue accounting processes within Global Business Services Center (GBSC) and transfer that knowledge to our offshore teams. Partners with billing operations to ensure that proper accruals are made. Performs and/or reviews account reconciliations. Leads data migration efforts as required. Keeps abreast of changes to accounting requirements to ensure ongoing compliance. Develops and implements company-wide accounting policies in conformance with GAAP and current accounting pronouncements. Prepares period-by-period analyses and explains significant account variances. Develops and implements cost-effective controls to promote data integrity and minimize risk. Monitors compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures and with all regulatory requirements
• Support the monthly accounting close cycle, including partnering with the billing team to ensure revenue is accrued in accordance with GAAP
• Manage process for knowledge transfer of journal entry and reconciliations to our offshore partners
• Manage efforts to streamline work using robotics, AI, and data visualization tools
• Provide accounting guidance and support to the regions and business units
• Perform and/or review account reconciliations
• Lead special projects, including researching, consulting and drafting technical memorandums on proposed and/or completed transactions and issues
• Manage the recording of gross revenue across the globe
• Seek automation and efficiency improvements in all processes and measure progress
• Establish service level agreements (SLA’s), set performance targets, and measure performance
• Assess team capacity and manage resources to maximize time available and allocate resources as needed to accomplish priorities
• Create and support development of standard global processes and documentation
• Partner with regional internal customers (finance and non-finance)
• Primary business liaison between financial systems, regional finance teams, and corporate accounting team
• Develop direct reports and build positive team morale
• Support SOX control compliance
• Other duties as required
All About You:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA, preferred
• MBA, preferred
• Knowledge of US GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Knowledge of Mastercard revenue model
• Mastery and comfort navigating financial systems and subledgers
• Demonstrated experience in revenue accounting
• Progressive accounting experience
• Previous management of teams
• Previous work in a large global environment
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Process improvement and re-design experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and business acumen
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize under tight deadlines
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-102691