MasterCard Manager, Account Data Compromise in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Account Data Compromise
• The Account Data Compromise (ADC) team is a group in the Law and Franchise Integrity department with a specific focus on data compromise events on a global basis
• This team acts as an intermediary between our issuing and acquiring customers during the management of ADC events
• Do you have an inquisitive mind and want to have an impact on important security issues?
• Do you have an interest in cyber security and incident response?
• Do you like working on high profile projects with global exposure that may have external media coverage?
• Are you a driven, self-starter who wants to work in a fast-paced environment, can maintain confidentiality, and can complete complex tasks?
• Do you have a strong understanding of payment card security, PCI and data compromise methods?
This role includes the management of data compromise investigations on a global basis with interactions with issuers, acquirers, processors, and forensic Investigators. Responsibilities include:
• Manage a significant number of complex ADC events concurrently which involve complex and challenging issues
• Manage receipt, interpretation and evaluation of PCI Forensic Investigation (PFI) reports
• Research and evaluate investigation findings, fraud patterns and security vulnerabilities to asses payment card exposure related to ADC investigations
• Educate customers, merchants and third parties to ensure compliance with MasterCard Rules and Standards related to account data compromise events
• Validate implementation of risk remediation steps, recommendations and corrective measures
• Identify key barriers and core problems, and apply problem solving skills to deal creatively with difficult situations
• Cultivate relationships with government and law enforcement agencies as well as peer organizations to foster information sharing capabilities.
• Capability to train and develop more junior staff
All About You
• Knowledge of payment card data compromise methods and attack vectors
• Understanding of payment card fraud schemes
• CISSP or CISM preferred
• Understanding of the payment card industry operations
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to successfully multi-task
• Ability to manage high pressure situations successfully
• Investigative or case management background with ability to manage complex issues
• Must possess good analytical skills
• Innate ability to learn rapidly and identify opportunities for process improvement
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Capable of learning new skills within the industry
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking.
• PCI experience and knowledge
• Requires a high level of tact and integrity due to the nature and frequency of communications with high level internal and external contacts and regular exposure to confidential information.
• Must understand and be able to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information/data.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139130