MasterCard Lead Technology Risk Analyst in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technology Risk Analyst
The Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization is a business enabler and industry leader of technology and security risk management practices, supported by a multi-disciplinary team of top security, technology, and risk professionals. Our mission is exceeding our program partners expectations and that supports enhanced awareness, visibility, and proactive management of technology risks to ensure a secure and sound operational environment.
The Risk Services team is responsible for supporting internal and market facing programs, inclusive of acquisitions and 3rd parties, to embed and align to Mastercard technology policies and standards. This role will align TRM with our 3rd party and M&A internal programs- partnering with the M&A and 3rd party risk owners and key guild representatives to help identify, quantify, and prioritize technology risks across their environment. This role will also help facilitate the continuous monitoring of the changing external and internal environments, provide an aggregate view of controls, issues, and exceptions, and help properly inform strategic decision making.
• Develop collaborative relationships with key technology partners -3rd party risk management, O&T Mergers & Acquisitions- to assist with understanding technology and security risk management obligations, identifying potential roadblocks and proactively develop strategies to help manage obligations related to 3rd party investments
• Develop collaborative relationships with key technology guild partners - Engineering, Biz Ops and Security Leads - to assist with understanding technology and security risk management obligations, identifying potential roadblocks and proactively develop strategies to help manage obligations
• Drive awareness of technology and information security policy and strategy expectations, and ensure sound principles are reflected in the program's goals that promote a culture of risk awareness and compliance
• Translate technology and security standards and associated control requirements to support operationalization/deployment
• Communicate best practices and leverage trend analysis to develop business and cross-functional strategies around managing obligations in a consultative manner, including continuous process improvement and controls automation
• Drive oversight and awareness of program(s) technology risk maturity - including risks stemming from newly acquired entities and critical third-party relationships
• Assist in identifying technology and security risk and compliance trends and potential red flags, including exception and escalation awareness
• Degree in technology, information systems management, information security management, security policy or related program desired, but not required
• Knowledge of Risk and Control Framework standards such as SOC 1SOC 2, PCI-DDS, ISO
• Knowledge of regulatory technology and security risk management expectations
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and potential for exploitation
• Familiarity with risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk)
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and IT management (e.g., GDPR, FBA, CBA, PFMI, etc.)
• Experience collaborating cross-functionally, geographically to identify and implement best practice risk processes
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
• Project Management Skills
• Knowledge of Mastercard products and technology, security and other risk management programs and practices desired, not required
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167955