MasterCard Lead Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Program Manager
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Looking for a Lead Technical Program Manager to support the Customer Access engineering initiatives within Mastercard corporate security. Customer Access team is helping to provide API security to protect web services and APIS that involves authorization and authentication through various methods like Identity token generation, Passwordless authentication, OTP (one time password), OIDC (Open ID connect) MFAP (Multi factor authentication), FSSO (Federated Single Sign on) and others.
As a Technical Program Manager, you would
• Coordinate, manage and streamline the ongoing grooming of the existing roadmap, and change process for maintenance and additions.
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of all initiatives.
• Manage logistics for policy exceptions and issues for the technology portfolio across core Mastercard and M&A Integrations.
• Drive the identification and mitigation of key risks to ensure project's success.
• Manage relationships with stakeholders across various functions.
• Lead technical discussions on technology requests amongst various stakeholders for project success.
• Ability to write user stories with good acceptance criteria by working with Agile team members.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong leadership, relationship-building, and negotiation skills.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
• Prior development experience would be a plus.
• Experience leading technical software or infrastructure initiatives and discussions.
• Strong technical acumen, ability to understand component interactions of system components.
• SAFe, Agile (Scrum and Kanban) methodology experience.
• Demonstrated ability to support teams in the delivery of technical solutions
• Demonstrated ability to simplify complexities and identify strategic forward paths to success
Knowledge/experience in several of these areas – Digital Payments, Micro services, REST APIs, CI/CD, APIs,, NoSQL databases, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model.
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with, and influencing dependent teams.
• Proven track record of successful delivery in a large-scale complex technology ecosystem..
• BS in engineering, computer science, related discipline, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182244