MasterCard Lead Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Program Manager
Job Description Summary
Primary responsibilities include overall accountability and leadership for a complex projects, successful and timely implementations as well as satisfying the intended business results. Core responsibility for managing relationships and communicating with the project sponsor, senior management and a wide range of project contributors. Identifies key barriers to a project’s success and actively manages all mitigation activities.
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules, ensuring methodology compliance
• Regularly communicate to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables, and interact with client to set and manage expectations
• Consults on new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
• Manage the overall coordination, status reporting, schedules and stability of project-oriented work efforts, ensures that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope and resource requirements
• Provide cross-functional leadership and oversight on various efforts of a complex nature. Responsible for planning, developing, and executing initiatives within release trains to ensure timely completion of the planning increment.
•Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the initiative. Monitor and manage the across verticals. Must be familiar with the system’s scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the teams. Identify and monitor project risks.
•Regularly communicates to senior management regarding the status of specific deliverables.
• Broad knowledge in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required processes and techniques.
•Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business. Clear understanding of Themes and Initiatives.
•Effectively deal with difficult situations. Help develop solutions to complex problems.
• Manage effort within approved capacity and planned velocity. Provide technical and advisory support for staff to ensure the development and implementation of applications/infrastructure.
• Ensure a successful product delivery and methodology compliance using SAFe and agile practices.
• Takes a lead position in complex initiatives of strategic importance (e.g., cross functional/cross geographies)
• Remove blockers and impediments that interfere with project progress
• Understand the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively lead the project team and ensure that business needs are met.
• Identifies key barriers to a projects or departments success and actively manages all mitigation activities.
• In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
• Strong meeting facilitation and negotiation skills
• Demonstrate a high level of initiative and accountability
Knowledge / Experience
•Advanced knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required processes and techniques.
•Must have agile experience in a development environment
•8+ years of experience with structured methodology and project planning tools.
•Knowledge of MasterCard and the payments industry preferred.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
•PMP certification preferred
•SAFe (Scaled Agile Frameworks) training and certification is a plus.
•Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
•Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills..
•Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
•Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust."
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114100