MasterCard Lead Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Program Manager
• Owns the planning, execution, and delivery, from inception to completion within schedule and budget, for one or more programs
• Proactively mobilizes, orchestrates, and accelerates complex initiatives with dependent organizations to ensure successful execution and completion
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are owned and completed while illuminating risks and associated mitigations and remediation
• Operates across teams and businesses utilizing depth of a business domains to oversee and fill the gaps between teams and processes while removing all blocking issues necessary for successful delivery
• Plan and manage multiple initiatives, projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery
• Deep understanding of the business domain and objectives in order to shape successful execution plans
• Relentless focus on our customers, as we drive solutions and positive impact
• Work across multiple teams (cross-cutting across programs, business/engineering teams, and/or technologies or work may be vertically focused on a single program within a domain) to drive strategy alignment and partnership against complex objectives
• Align dependent organizations & teams to accomplish objectives
• Work directly with internal and external to Mastercard technology providers and customers
• Deep understanding of the business and technical requirements for the initiatives that you are managing
• Help stakeholders and consumers make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability through relentless focus on our customer.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Partner with industry vendors to provide resources that support our initiative and identify partnership opportunities to increase our areas of knowledge, opportunities, and learnings
• Identify, collect, synthesize and communicate risks and blockers in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership to ensure alignment based on evolving priorities.
• Accurately reports progress, status anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels
• Work across teams to measurably improve, streamline, and/or eliminate excess processes into simple straight forward solutions.
• Regularly define and review key success metrics for data-focused tracking and proactively seek out new and improved mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives
All About You:
• Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy
• Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs in agile delivery models (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Enjoys diving deep to understand of the platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
• BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
• Technical program delivery experience including time developing and testing software
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148722