MasterCard Lead Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Program Manager
The Network Services team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Works across teams to organize and accelerate delivery, ensuring all teams are delivering in a coordinated manner
• Tracks and manages manifest definitions, release integration, timing, scope and delivery
• Provides ongoing updates (with data) on the state of delivery
• Proactively manages all dependencies, ensuring all outputs are production ready at launch
• Organizes and accelerates a group of related technology projects or activities across multiple teams, aligning dependent organizations. Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
• Creates mechanisms to effectively report out and control execution. Recognizes complexity and creates predictable delivery paths for large and/or complex efforts. Measurably improves, streamlines, and/or eliminates excess processes. Utilizes cross organizational mechanisms to describe and drive continuous improvements.
• Drives execution of an outcome from inception through successful delivery through the full stack of the services / domains, or, an outcome that spans multiple teams and integrations across the enterprise.
• Looked to as first point of contact for your team or area and the source of truth for status providing the right information and associated data about the state of the project to the right audience at the right time.
• Understands the business strategy and design approaches within product, program or domain with depth to be credible and effective with teams they work with. Can competently represent team’s services.
• Keeps abreast of evolving technology landscape. Can ask the right questions to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of designs (scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.)
• Works with ambiguity and with limited guidance. The business outcome, program, and/or product strategy is defined, but nothing else is. Able to get the inertia out and the project in motion or able to get the entropy out and the project into a calm and predictable delivery pattern
• Transform raw thoughts into clear and concise communications/instructions to the teams. Can communicate with confidence 3+ levels up.
• May work directly with external to the organization or external to Mastercard technology providers that support our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying opportunities to be faster, better and cheaper.
• Understands the needs of the engineers and technical operations teams who must build, maintain, and operate the services and technical assets
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives
• Plays active role in mentoring and recruiting others
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168240