MasterCard Lead Technical Program Manager (TPM) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Program Manager (TPM)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented Technical Program Manager to join us as we develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
• Are you passionate about technical program management of cloud-native, real-time, highly performant, distributed and vastly scalable applications?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your effort has on a wide range of customers globally?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops, and retains the most talented employees around the world?
• Program-manage and drive multiple simultaneous projects and ownership areas from end to end to deliver expected outcomes in our agile execution mode with quality, efficiency, and speed.
Establish scrums, coordinate, and drive scrum team delivery. Accountable for scrum teams’ effectiveness. Facilitates scrum ceremonies (Daily Stand-Up, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives) within each sprint.
• Coordinate the prioritization, delivery, and operations escalation support for the ownership areas.
• Proactively manage timelines, risks, issues & dependencies. Effectively deal with difficult situations. Track and communicate status.
• Dive into and leverage product, technical, and process information, organizational capabilities, and company-wide assets to maximize project and solution values to customer problems.
• Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
• • Works across teams to organize and accelerate delivery, ensuring all teams are delivering in a coordinated manner
• Leads the development teams through quarterly PI Planning within the SAFe Agile framework
• Leverages ALM (Rally) as a scrum tool for work tracking, planning, and visualization of team health via data and metrics
• Nurtures good working relationships with engineers, managers, and peers
• Mentors Junior TPM’s
All About You
• Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, creating believable and achievable plans, driving, and delivering technical projects and initiatives in agile delivery models (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
• Successful track record of performing scrum master role developing, deploying, and supporting large scale and complex software applications.
• Strong leadership, communication skills (verbal and written), and relationship building skills.
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity.
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with, and influencing dependent teams.
• Can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers.
• Skilled at driving continuous improvement at a team and program level.
• Enjoy diving deep to understand the application and platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and project management.
• BS in engineering, computer science, related discipline, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• PMP certification is a plus
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Knowledge of API development and testing practices
• Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: TDD, CICD, Paired Programming, Automated Testing
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170121