MasterCard Lead Systems Platform Architect in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Systems Platform Architect
Infrastructure Design Services is a team of Technology Architects and Engineers responsible for the analysis and design of the infrastructure framework to fit the application, platform or system needs in-line with MasterCard's operational standards and principles.
Infrastructure Design Services is engaged from the beginning of the analysis and design phase to work with the application team(s) and other critical teams within Mastercard to ensure that the completed infrastructure and application architecture aligns with MasterCard’s security, scalability and availability standards.
Infrastructure Design Services' primary deliverable is the TAD (Technical Architecture Document) which details the infrastructure design for the application, platform or system.
This job requires experience in internet fundamentals related to web servers, application servers, internet security and other internet technologies.
This job actively performs designing and delivering internet infrastructure solutions that satisfy member, product, service and backbone requirements.
Have you ever worked with Microsoft Visio to design middleware infrastructure from the ground up?
Can you interface with the user(s), application team(s), etc., and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs and requirements?
Can you generate the highest level of system requirements, based on the given requirements and other constraints?
Can you design solutions for on-prem that integrate seamlessly with off-prem cloud solutions?
Can you ensure that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined?
• Generating requirements, together with other architects, engineers, application team(s) and user(s), to determine that all of the high level requirements have been met.
• Generating products such as TADs, technical documents, logical flows, and models to keep the user(s), architects and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the application, system or platform to be provided as it is evolving.
• Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
• Resolve internet architectural and operational problems impacting infrastructure and product availability and performance globally.
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in MasterCard’s internet infrastructure.
• May assume lead and total accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
• Implement, manage and support internet infrastructure components while leveraging current standards and best practices.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for MasterCard internet components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all relevant systems.
All About You
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web middleware.
• Thorough knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet infrastructure design and/or web administration.
• Thorough knowledge of cloud technologies and migration strategies to move from on-prem to cloud.
• Must be passionate about automation and always be looking for ways to improve existing systems and processes.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-164686