MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Part of Operations and Technology, Employee Access Program provides platforms to enable both physical and digital security. This position is for the Application Secrets Management service, which
enables management and protection of application to application access secrets.
Do you enjoy problem solving and simplifying things?
Do you have experience working with teams and individuals to help maximize efficiencies?
Do you have outstanding leadership, organizational skills and communication skills?
• Own complex problems having dependency across services and facilitate cross-functional team interactions to drive resolution
• Define, design, and develop procedures and solutions at a service level to meet the business requirements/enhancements
• Drive prioritization decisions and trade-offs in working with product partners
• Identify opportunities and build roadmaps to enhance primary service/function
• Automate and simplify all aspects of software delivery and development by actively evangelizing the need to automate and simplify where needed.
• Drive seamless integration across all connected services to meet end-user expectations
• Drive blameless postmortems culture to identify root causes of incidents and implement learnings
• Introduce new technologies and architecture by following enterprise guidelines
• Provide development and architecture guidance to team members
• Build relationships and effective partnerships across organizations
• Make difficult decisions on behalf of the team if required
• Write and evaluate recommendations for job promotions based on an unbiased view of one's accomplishments
• Conduct technical interviews for hiring engineering staff and raising the performance bar
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate engineering excellence
• Strong programming background in Java echo system including spring boot
• Experience with cloud native architectures
• Experience with Python or Ruby is a plus.
• Ability to learn new frameworks, platforms and technologies quickly
• Experience with PKI and Security is a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169371