MasterCard Lead Software Engineer (WebFocus) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer (WebFocus)
Job Overview: Responsible for the design, development and testing of complex WebFOCUS reports in a large data Oracle environment.
• Solid background in WebFOCUS report and application development, as well as breadth of technical experience in other development technologies as outlined below.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with the ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
• Detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Possess a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience leading design efforts and coordinating project teams
• Knowledge of common industry standard programming best practices.
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
• Ability to learn and deploy new technologies as needed.
• Good understanding of Object Oriented design concepts and application layering
• Experience with the following open-source projects: Maven, Gradle, GIT JUnit and Log4J
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience using Agile Methodologies
Technologies & Other Skills
• WebFOCUS - Minimum 2 years of exp. working on WebFOCUS applications and report building in a complex data environment. Experience with WebFOCUS tools such as
o Report Painter
o Focus code written directly in FEX files
o BI Dashboard
• Pass-through SQL
• Oracle database concepts to write optimal data retrieval queries
• Experience conducting code reviews
• Experience documenting detailed designs
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128819