MasterCard Lead Software Engineer (Payment Gateway) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer (Payment Gateway)
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services provides partners with a white label technology solution for payment processing and fraud prevention. Through our platform, we enable merchants to accept a wide range of digital payment methods easily and securely from customers all over the world.
We seek a strong Lead Software Engineer to help us build the future of payments.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers.
As a Lead Software Development Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Own complex problems having dependency across services and facilitate cross-functional team interactions to drive resolution
• Define, design, and develop procedures and solutions at a service level to meet the business requirements/enhancements
• Automate and simplify all aspects of software delivery and development by actively evangelizing the need to automate and simplify where needed.
• Introduce new technologies and architecture by following enterprise guidelines
• Provide development and architecture guidance to team members
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate engineering excellence
• Ensure the team builds high quality software adhering to our engineering principles
All About You
• Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Has a passion for building and a fire for learning
• Extensive experience using a modern framework (e.g., React, Angular, Vue) to build single page Web applications
• Able to apply DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle to enable common library development for enterprise-wide reuse; possess skills in test-driven and behavior-driven development (TDD and BDD) to build just enough code and collaborate on the desired functionality; has skills to author test code with lots of smaller tests followed by few contract tests at service level and fewer journey tests at the integration level (Test Pyramid concept)
• Understand use cases for advanced design patterns (e.g., service-to-worker, MVC, API gateway, intercepting filter, dependency injection, lazy loading, all from the gang of four) to implement efficient code; understands and implements Application Programming Interface (API) standards and cataloging to drive API/service adoption and commercialization
• Has skills to document and coach team on the development practices and coding guidelines (e.g., branching, peer reviews, library use, logging, scanning rules, test-driven development, error handling)
• Routinely draws upon valuable learning from others and past experiences to identify key opportunities, lead projects, and provide effective solutions.
• Actively seeks and participates in activities that stretch one's existing skillset and adds new and more difficult capabilities for team members.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138362