MasterCard Lead Software Engineer, ETL in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Engineer, ETL
Job Description Summary
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Now is the time to make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. The Sr. Business Intelligence Developer role will contribute to the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of reporting and analytic solutions using Qlik. You will also work with teams across the company to implement new data visualizations while maintaining the stability of the platform. You will be responsible for utilizing Qlik to transform data into visualized information. In addition, you’ll work within the Fraud Data Engineering team to grow their knowledge and expertise. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes transactional data.
• Work with Product Owners, Business Users and Stakeholders to gather business and technical requirements for developing ETL jobs, Qlik Sense Reports and Dashboards.
• Create ETL Design Document which contains ETL Flowchart, Change Data Capture Logic, handling of multiple data sources, and Auditing and Logging.
• Design and Develop the ETL job using technologies such as Syncsort and Informatica.
• Perform Unit and Integration testing with framework called EMS-Inna-Box, code review and push the code into GitHub repository for source control.
• Create Detailed Implementation Plan and work with various support groups to deploy the job across Stage and Production environments.
• Work with Stakeholders to identify Database Schema, tables and fields needed for developing a Qlik Sense Dashboard.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with Data Architect, Tech Lead and fellow developers for designing a Qlik Sense Data Model based on Business Requirements.
• Perform detailed analysis of various data sources such as Oracle, Netezza, MSBI Cube and Hadoop cluster data from which fields are being extracted for building the dashboard.
• Write SQL, PL-SQL. MDX and Hive Queries for extracting data to develop Qlik Sense load script and create Qlik View Data File.
• Design Qlik Sense dashboard Application using various in-built charts, Custom Objects such as Qlik extensions, master items and various Qlik themes.
• Work with Product teams to build a mashup code which embeds Qlik Sense Application into a framework in order to expose it to external customers.
• Participate in various in-person and online cross functional knowledge sharing sessions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Experience using ETL (Extract Transform Load) technologies like SyncSort, Informatica, alteryx and/or Big Data technologies (Cloudera Hadoop).
• Experience with very large transactional data stores.
• Experience with Qlik Sense (Business Intelligence Tool).
• Understanding of high-performant data concepts such as file stores, wide column databases, key-value pairs, etc.
• Understanding of Data architecture, replication, and administration.
• Experience working with real-time or near real-time ingestion.
• Strong backend experience using; Python, Scala, HiveQL, SparkSQL, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Highly analytical with the ability to work independently.
• Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-106994