MasterCard Lead Software Engineer, Builders Enablement Program, Architecture & Technology in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer, Builders Enablement Program, Architecture & Technology
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Builders’ Enablement Team in Mastercard’s Architecture & Technology division empowers 6000+ Engineers around the globe. This team leads the way to deliver a great developer experience and enables engineers to deliver innovative payment solutions for hundreds of millions of customers. We do this by building and operating a holistic set of services and tooling focusing on:
· Application Frameworks & Bootstrapping
· Standard CI/CD Pipelines, Developer Tooling & Environments
· Cloud agnostic Declarative provisioning of infrastructure and application resources
Our services enable engineers to focus on delivering business value from ideation to market. The ideal candidate will help Mastercard developers efficiently build, test, and deliver secure, quality code. Builders Enablement is reshaping the future of development tooling at Mastercard and we are looking for passionate Software Engineers like you to help us deliver on our commitments.
• Define, design, develop and deliver best of class technology solutions
• Own complex problems with dependencies across services and facilitate cross-functional team interactions to drive resolution
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Automate and simplify all aspects of software delivery and development
• Perform regular demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Share and seek knowledge within the Software Engineering Guild & Builders Enablement Program to drive reuse and productivity
• Advocate for Mastercard Engineering Principles, Builders’ Enablement development standards, and Corporate Security guidelines
• Provide development and architecture guidance to team members
• Identify opportunities and assist with building roadmaps to enhance primary service/function
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate engineering excellence
• Lead the design, development, and adoption of technology solutions in support of the Builders Enablement Program
• Act as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for one or more initiatives to deliver an efficient and secure SDLC in Mastercard from the initial ideation to production deployment
• Work as part of a cross-functional and geographically distributed team to make
our developer experience awesome
• Help shape the future of software development in Builders Enablement and across Mastercard as a whole
• Ensure that Developer Experience is central to everything we do
• Ensure that the team adheres to Mastercard Engineering Principles, Builders Enablement Development standards, and Corporate Security guidelines
• Actively participate as a member of the Software Engineering Guild sharing your knowledge, best practices, ideas, and passion for technology
All About You
• A passionate and experienced engineering lead with advanced domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
o Software Engineering – API's, frameworks
o Cloud Engineering
• Experience with multiple object-oriented languages and/or functional languages (e.g., Java, Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl, Groovy)
• Experience with one or more Cloud platforms with a good working knowledge of availability zones, regions, security, Cloud APIs, virtual networking, and the capabilities and offerings of the various providers (e.g., Azure, AWS, and GCP)
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge in containerization and associated technologies and can guide others in its use and adoption
• Passionate DevSecOps advocate with working knowledge in cybersecurity, secure software development practices, and automating security controls in building pipelines and systems
• Broad knowledge of tools and practices to choose for intelligently automating builds, tests, and deployments where processes and applications are designed upfront with automation in mind
• Understands encryption and digital signature standards and patterns; can demonstrate how to implement data protection at rest and in-transit controls to meet regulatory needs (e.g., PCI DSS, GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation))
• Seeks to simplify the software deployment process and eliminate software and infrastructure snowflakes using standardized platforms, ephemeral instances, and automation
• Guides others test automation focusing on end-user experience for multiple users, performance under load and peak, and other resiliency and capacity scenarios; conducts performance analysis of production data for ongoing assessment and tuning of performance test approaches
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162884