MasterCard Lead Software Engineer - Big Data in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer - Big Data
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world and to doing well by doing good. Mastercard relies on our global workforce to help us achieve our goal of building a sustainable, inclusive global economy. The Mastercard Way encourages us, connects us with the behaviors that represent the essence of not only what we do but who we are as an organization. Cultivating an environment for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views and experiences drives a global and collaborative culture of inclusion and sense of belonging.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
· Are you passionate about software engineering?
· Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers?
· Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
· Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
· Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
· Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued, respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard’s Corporate Sustainability Report.
Our Franchise and Legal Solutions team contributes to the future of Mastercard by enabling growth in products, markets, services and innovations in an increasingly complex and competitive environment, while protecting our brand and business. We support, enable, and protect the franchise agreement by implementing the rules of the road for anyone interacting with our business. Our teams design, develop, and maintain comprehensive business solutions that connect the dots across different regions and functions. Our deep technology portfolio offers ample room for engineers to use innovation as a driver of strategy. Technologists working with us will grow in Agile, architecture, design, engineering, and strategy.
· Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
· Lead the design, implementation, and delivery for engineering efforts across a program.
· Create or introduce, test, and deploy new technology to optimize the service.
· Design and build technical roadmaps and guide the development staff on adoption.
· Contribute to all parts of the software’s development including design, development, documentation, and testing.
· Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
· Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
· Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
· Work with business partners to ensure delivery of functionality that meets their needs.
· Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place.
All About You:
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· Expert knowledge in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts.
· Expert UNIX skills (KShell commands, vi editor, strong working experience using Telnet or Putty sessions, motivation to improve UNIX skill with OJT).
· Expert with writing complex SQL using a vast variety of Oracle functions such as single row, aggregate, analytic, and date/time.
· Demonstrated expertise with designing and building data pipelines in a large organization Data Warehouse using Big Data.
· Demonstrated experience with: Oracle Exadata, Oracle partitioned Tables, Table Design, coding PL/SQL packages and functions, using Toad & SQL Plus, using Putty & Winscp and dealing with extremely large data sets.
· Experience with back-end batch analysis, batch processing, batch application design
Strong data analysis, problem solving, and data modeling skills. Analytical thinking.
· Expert with functional and unit testing (Nunit) and writing full test cases and scenarios
· Experience with middleware/backend written in .Net Core.
· Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes.
· Experience with security (authentication and authorization methodologies, roles, claims, etc.)
· Experience working with JSON objects and communicating via RESTful webservices
· Experience working with Azure DevOps, GIT and Visual Studio
· Experience with SOLID design principles
· Experience with Entity Framework/Dapper and SQL.
· Experience with various tools (Rally, Remedy, Jenkins, Swagger, Postman, Splunk, Dynatrace)
· Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD (Jenkins, chef), DevOps.
· Experience with cloud technologies (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Azure)
· Agile Methodology (Scrum, Iterations, features, stories, chaos testing)
· Must have PCI experience or any large financial company background.
· Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures.
· Experience with the strangulation pattern and anti-corruption layers to migrate monolithic systems into independent services.
· High-energy, detailed-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
· Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140206