MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
• Highly Motivated Technical Leader to Champion Software Development Projects and that can deliver results.
• Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
• Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the required service levels.
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Develop innovative solutions that meet specific business needs.
• Partner with project managers to lead day to day software development efforts.
• Assist in day to day software development efforts including programming.
• Create proof of concept applications
• Collaborate with business and technical partners
• Assist in the evaluation of 3rd parties and 3rd party products.
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices.
• Create and maintain technology roadmaps.
• Ensure adherence to established software development process.
• Effectively communicate to management, business owners, and other stake holders.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Object-oriented design and programming with Java, J2EE , Oracle, PL/SQL, JDBC
• Open source frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate are a plus
• Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML, XSL) is a plus
• Experience with NoSQL DB is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required. Skills/ Abilities:
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team. Key Technology Areas:
• Ability to assess existing application code and remediate performance type issues and rewrite any part of the code that deviates with best practices
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-106971