MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing cloud-native authentication and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space. This position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services that are simple, secure and scalable.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does online authentication today?
• Have you ever brought a cloud-enabled product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Architect and provide technical leadership for major new initiatives targeting cloud-based identity authentication solutions.
• Analyze and design cloud-native authentication strategy, roadmaps and distributed solution architectures for new and existing business opportunities.
• Provide technical leadership, and mentor other technical resources on cloud migration, Twelve-Factor App pattern and building micro services.
• Work closely with other Enterprise Security Solutions architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology, security, infrastructure and operations organizations.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards, industry security standards, and achieve business requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of vendors and their strategy.
• Estimate and plan new efforts.
• Provide technical leadership and support to our business partners specific to emerging authentication technologies and standards.
• Establish technical requirements for authentication certification programs.
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Master’s degree preferred.
• Professional experience of software development in distributed and public cloud environments.
• Intermediate level of experience with cloud/edge computing, and cloud migration experience on AWS, GCP or Azure.
• Professional experience in building applications using the Twelve-Factor App pattern.
• Knowledge of advanced authentication techniques on mobile and web-based platforms.
• Web Services – REST/XML/ WSDL/SOAP – Advanced Level.
• Java EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss and/or PCF.
• Relational (Oracle) and No Sql (Redis) databases.
Advanced skills and knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot and Open Source technologies (Kafka, NiFi). Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems:
• Ability to architect and provide technical leadership to large and complex systems for public cloud deployment.
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high scalable, high performance, high availability real-time transaction processing systems, and multi-tiered web applications.
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system.
• Experience specifying hardware/software/infrastructure requirements and estimating complex IT efforts.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task with minimal direction.
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Oracle & PL/SQL o Solaris/UNIX & Red Hat Linux.
• Streaming services, crypto technologies, latency and fault tolerance technologies
• Tools including Git, Jira, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo and Jenkins
• Secure Coding Techniques and Tools - Checkmarx, Sonar and OWASP vulnerabilities
• Source Control tools - Bitbucket
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142364