MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
• Access Services Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it and supporting existing enterprise level applications. The team leads the Security implementation related to customer access and exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
• Team members may be Engineers, testers, analysts, Big data Engineers & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Technical Consultant at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations for both new and existing applications. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. Additionally, he or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
• Have you got the skills to be recognized as a Lead Engineer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Working with cross functional teams to integrate web application, system to existing or new services using IBM identity and access management or any other Identity access management solution
• Onboarding of new consumers & customers for all their Identity and security solutions irrespective of internal or external customers
• Designing and implementing security- Server and Mutual Auth SSL mechanisms, AAA configuration, TAM policies/Policy Management.
• Experience in understanding different forms of authentication/authorization and provisioning systems at enterprise level.
• Design & development of monitoring solutions using tools like Splunk and other metrics systems
• Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with SOAP & REST API’s
• Working knowledge of other Enterprise systems like XML Gateway, iSAM, LDAP and webseal and actively participate in R&D on new frameworks
• Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
• Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design tradeoffs.
• Work on Pre SDLC or Discovery activities owning and contributing to assigned activities related to technical feasibility & assessment, providing responses.
• Effective communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
• Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
• Provide guidance to teams on middleware solutions, automation and tools
All About You
• Software development, design & architecture experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
• Hands on experience required and will be part of the day to day activities
• Combination of more than one technology platform including
o Service Oriented Architecture
o Experience with middleware technologies like ESB, XML Gateway, WS-Security, Policy Management, and distributed Architecture
o Application Security including Information security principles & realization, web app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
• Experience implementing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking or payment solutions
• Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming and/or Lean etc.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
• Solid experience of working in project teams
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required & Master’s degree in related discipline Preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-132303