MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
MDES is looking for an experienced Technical Consultant in our O'Fallon/Winghaven location to oversee a Team specializing in development of externally facing APIs. This Team builds and maintains the APIs that our external wallets (Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay) and our Issuers utilize to access our Tokenization process, ensuring secure payment transactions.
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing payment solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will assist in designing technical solutions for software engineering projects, develop software and deliver enhanced software solutions both personally and through mentorship of a team of engineers.
• Successfully guide Software Engineers through development of major projects/complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Develop innovative solutions that meet specific business needs through collaboration with our Business and Technical Partners
• Act as a Technical lead to the Development and Testing resources for day to day software development efforts.
• Assist with our automated testing strategy (Java) and help our Team move towards TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Create proof of concept applications
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices and software development processes.
• Effectively communicate with team members, management, business owners, and other stake holders.
All About You
• Senior experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities
• Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment using the Agile/SAFe framework
• Introduces new technologies, recommends new platforms/libraries.
• Master of design principles such as DRY, Single Responsibility, SOLID
• Ability to implement IoC, Dependency Injection
• Builds reusable frameworks
• Drives measurable improvements in the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of your team’s software.
• Provides feedback on peer design and code includes optimization and simplification recommendations.
• Difficult architecture and business problems. Solutions are extensible. Outlines and takes opportunity to optimize, simplify, de-bottleneck
• Improves the interfaces and integrations with related teams.
• Develops solutions that successfully launch software or resolve architecture deficiencies. May require multiple developers.
• Leads projects to improve engineering, test and operations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of team architecture. Makes trade-offs between short terms and long term needs.
• Troubleshoots. problems, defines root cause and permanently correct within application and dependent systems.
•Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
•Significant experience in related field.
•Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
•Back end Java Development
•API- Restful Services
•Automated Unit Testing (J Unit)
•SQL skills- Ability to work with tables, views, and stored procedures
•Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
•Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
•Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
•Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
•Prior experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector.
•PCF- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
•Jersey for JAX-RS
•J2EE Design Patterns
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120530