MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers to develop advanced applications to modernize the solutions.
As a technology leader…
• Are you passionate about software engineering?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative team environment?
• Leads software engineering teams and projects focused on creating the development and delivery of enhanced software solutions.
• Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members.
• Lead activities to plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
• Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Designs highly complex applications, interfaces and integration with a modest number of systems.
• Modest advanced code development, code review and day-to-day support duties.
• Researching and evaluating tools to support domain-specific needs.
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and can function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering.
• Advanced level work experience in job offered, or as Software Engineer, Technology Lead, or related qualifying experience must include.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Experience with the following:
• Agile Development environment
• Spring boot
• Web services
• Micro services
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129104