MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Data Warehouse team is focused on enabling insights into our network and help build data-driven products by curating and preparing data in a secure and reliable manner. We are looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented Lead (COBOL) Software Development Engineer to help deliver data-driven products and services. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently creating and maintaining data-intensive application designs and code based on technical specifications. Requires advanced experience maintaining complex COBOL and IBM JCL applications including the use of GDG data-sets in a mainframe TSO ISPF environment.
• Data warehouse Lead COBOL mainframe developer
• Analysis, design, develop, test, deliver, and maintain batch ETL applications handling large data volumes.
• Work closely with upstream application teams, data warehouse system analysts, and data engineers
• Deliver software solutions and customization, adhering to standards, processes and best practices.
• Assist with support issues by troubleshooting incidents and problem tickets
• Conduct and participate in document and code reviews; communicating statuses, risks, and roadblocks
All About You:
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience working within an Agile team structure
• Extensive experience with COBOL development in a batch mainframe environment
• Experience working with IBM Job Control Language including use of GDG data-sets.
• Experience working in a mainframe TSO ISPF environment.
• Proven technical skill necessary to quickly learn the mainframe batch environment and assume the role and independently support assigned application.
• Experience with mainframe scheduling software, preferably OPC.
• Experience using Endevor change management software
• Experience developing and supporting programs written in Easytrieve.
• Experience using Connect Direct for file transfers.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-106376