MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer - SRE in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer - SRE
The Mastercard Digital Enablement Services (MDES) team is looking for strong, innovative Technical Leads to help lead Mastercard's next generation of Digital Payment products that change how our customers choose to pay. We are looking for Technical Leads who can bring unique perspectives and innovative ideas to all areas of development, and are interested in continuing to improve our platform through the ever changing technology landscape.
In this role, you will work on projects and operational support activities which are critical to Mastercard’s role in the Digital Payment Space, leveraging Pivotal Cloud Foundry and microservice architecture.
An ideal candidate is someone who works well with and can lead a cohesive team-oriented group of developers, who has a passion for developing, support and implementing great software, who enjoys solving problems in a
challenging environment, and who has the desire to take their career to the next level. If any of these opportunities excite you, we would love to talk.
• Drive efforts to design, develop, test and maintain tools to help automate software implementation
• Act as a Technical lead to the Development, Testing and Support resources for the day to day support efforts.
• Provide support for our Operations teams
. Proactive monitoring of environments, capacity planning, alerting and monitoring
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our software
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Ensure the final product is highly performant, responsive, and of the highest quality
All About You:
• Experience with Java, JEE, Java Messaging Service
• CI/CD tools and technologies
• Experience with two or more of the following: Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Web Services, SQL, PL/SQL, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Proficient communication skills with verbal and written English
• Degree in technical related field
• Interest and ability to learn new coding languages, frameworks, and paradigms as needed
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121831