MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Test in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer in Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Shared Components and Security Solutions team is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Partner with Architects, Lead Analysts, and Lead Engineers to understand project requirements and provide inputs into solution documentation, technical design, and testing strategies.
• Develop testing frameworks which complement solution architecture / technical designs to improve efficiencies and accuracy of quality assurance activities.
• Establish test automation suites and ensure compliance to in-sprint automation standards.
• Conduct code reviews for automation test cases and developer code.
• Coach and mentor less experienced team members on how to be a curious, critical thinker in the testing discipline; seeking out edge cases and questioning norms.
All About You
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent university program. (Must)
• Practical exposure in building and using test automation frameworks with Java. (Must)
• Good at test strategy analysis systematically and delivery focused. (Must)
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: Microservices, Event Driven Applications, and Databases. (Must)
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with continuous integration and code coverage tools to ensure higher code/conditional coverage. (Must)
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to details. (Must)
• Experience in Unit, Functional and Integration testing. (Must)
• Experience working in a team to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance, and testability. (Must)
• Experience in working in Agile Methodology. (Must)
• Experience working with cloud technologies (PCF, Azure, etc.) (Preferred)
• Application development experience using Angular / Java. (Preferred)
• Hands on experience in Chaos Testing. (Preferred)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128168