MasterCard Lead Quality Software Engineer ( Dispute Lifecycle) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Quality Software Engineer ( Dispute Lifecycle)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Job Description Summary
Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction.
• Unlike similar quality leadership roles in other organizations, this position needs deep understanding of software development , architecture, and performance engineering to help drive quality early in the life cycle of a product development. In addition, experience in payment processing/domain is highly desirable.
• This position will be responsible for driving adoption of Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration)
• Position requires an extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks. This position leads the product quality deliverables, and release level quality
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Drive quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation covering all key practice areas including mobile, web, and API testing.
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) amongst various delivery teams.
• Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
• Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience.
• Foster strategic thinking and continuous learning to help MasterCard continue to lead as a technology company providing differentiating high-quality products and services to enable global commerce.
All About You
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with Quality Engineering practices and concepts.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher
• Demonstrated success in leading a small to large-scale software development, testing, and performance across multiple groups.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
• Good knowledge of payments domain message flows, architecture, common design patterns, ISO message protocols, simulation/emulation tools highly desirable.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Experience with performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner, JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-code concept, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Expertise with cross browser and cross device testing strategies (e.g. In the Wild testing) and automation via device clouds (Perfecto, Device Anywhere, Testdroid, etc)
• Experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences.
• Experience mentoring and developing resources in a high performance culture.
• PCF, (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), Redis, Kafka, Splunk
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144806