MasterCard Lead Project Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Project Manager
The Global Business Services Center Service Management team is built upon strong contributors with leadership abilities, consulting mindsets and strong project management skills. The group acts as an internal consultant supporting the Shared Services Organization which today supports three primary verticals: Finance, Human Resources, Legal and Franchise Integrity.
The primary responsibility will be supporting the successful integration of acquired companies into our HR Shared Services Organization. The qualified candidate will be a member of a highly visible team working closely with Operational Work stream Leads, and Program Managers to identify value creation opportunities that deliver financial results over and above acquisition business cases, and develop and execute thoughtful integration plans.
This position requires a highly collaborative individual with strong process and project management skills who will need to coordinate global relationships across multiple functional areas, third party providers and regional constituencies.
• Support the transition and integration of newly acquired companies into Mastercard, or the integration of services, activities, and processes into Mastercard’s environment.
• Work closely with the Integration Center of Excellence (ICOE) Program Managers, Integration Work stream and Sub-work stream Leads involved in M&A activity in all facets of the Integration process.
• Provide support to work stream and integration teams, helps create and monitor integration plans, deliverables, etc.
• Provide insights to enhance processes and tooling, support implementation best practices and process improvements derived from identifying areas of weakness and strategizing improvements
• Develop, run and distribute status and progress reports to update leadership and integration team members
• Regularly communicates to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables.
• Perform analysis and assessment activities to provide stakeholders with timely updates
• Supports the integration of global processes & services while addressing any unique business and statutory requirements within each of the functional areas
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of project deadlines and milestones.
• Develop and manage implementation plans to accommodate the regional and functional scope of the projects. This may include: development and management of project plan, rollout schedule, escalations, risk management, readiness validations, and methodology compliance throughout the integration.
All About You:
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
• Demonstrated experience supporting acquisition integration efforts within a global technology organization
• Experience in large-scale transformation initiatives
• Professional services or consulting experience a plus.
• Project and/or Program Management experience, with a good understanding of a typical lifecycle
• Experience implementing best-in-class integration practices and supporting integration efforts, providing guidance, monitoring progress and measuring results
• Experience supporting process reengineering across integration initiatives
• Experience with risk management and investigation, consulting and strategic judgement, and business process assessment
• Excellent communication (written, oral and presentation) and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, proactive and able to work and multi-task with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and unpredictable environment
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills, and the ability to adapt quickly to change
• Experience in analysis of operational data to support business decisions and proven process management experience inclusive of process design and system optimization
• Must have excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite
• Experience in HR Shared Services (preferred)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98259