MasterCard Lead Project Manager, Compute & Storage Mainframe in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Project Manager, Compute & Storage Mainframe
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative environment?
Do you have experience formulating, organizing, coordinating and monitoring inter-connected projects?
Are you passionate about developing and or deciding on suitable strategies and objectives?
Do you have outstanding leadership, organizational skills and communication skills?
We are looking for a Program Manager to be responsible for organizing initiatives and activities for the Mainframe/Nonstop/MIP platforms within Technical Operations. You will be tasked with partnering with the business owners/customers to collect and align on priorities, serving as a point of contact for business partners and accountable for the overall delivery. You will oversee the progress of operations, support the organization's strategic direction, coordinate between multiple projects at a business or organization to be sure their benefiting each other and aligning with overall business goals.
• Manages backlog, intake, understands requirements and scope, project details, milestones, delivery dates, dependencies, sequencing, based on business priorities. Takes end-to-end ownership of the timely completion of the customer request: facilitation of pre-initiative solutioning), responsible for business user intake/communication/escalation
• Develops compliance methodologies, including the creation of project metrics and charters, and risk mitigation and communication strategies. Establishes function metrics for measuring and tracking customer satisfaction
• Acts as trusted business partner and project management advisor for product owners, consulting on escalations and advising on methodologies
• Takes a lead position in complex initiatives of strategic importance (e.g., cross functional/ cross geographies)
In this position, you will drive overall engagement with other technology teams leadership to understand their business goals, drive innovative solutions, solve problems, and manage a team to deliver solutions.
Identify opportunities to enhance internal processes to more effectively meet customer needs.
Drive overall program resource utilization to help individual project managers and the program maximize productivity and allow the teams to stay on schedule and achieve key milestones.
All About You:
• Effectively deal with difficult situations.
• Ability to develop solutions to complex problems.
• Provide leadership and mentor other Program and Product Managers.
• Proven experience in program management and stakeholder management skills.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
• You are always looking for potential solutions to solve problems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-108674