MasterCard Lead Product Manager - Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager - Technical
Supporting the Mastercard Fraud Intelligence services members of this team have an opportunity to build new and extend current fraud prevention services. This exciting area within Mastercard is growing fast and creating cutting edge technologies that prevent fraud across the globe.
This is an agile team that will be balanced across full stack engineering and data engineering. The team will also provide leadership for other teams in using strong architecture and technology delivery practices that create the best solutions.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard fights the battle against fraud?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to work on cutting edge, innovative technology?
• Provide detailed technical analysis of product or application hardware and software to ensure that business and functional requirements can be met
• Provide subject matter expertise for assigned project
• Perform analysis of system requirements, elaborate into user stories and acceptance criteria in an Agile methodology format
• Facilitate JAD sessions and lead review sessions of technical requirements/stories
• Hunger for Systems and Technical knowledge – constantly analyzing and innovating new, better approaches to our systems
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following PRIMARY skills:
• Proven experience in technical requirements gathering and documentation
• Prior experience with Java (J2EE) and Java Messaging Services (JMS)
• Experience with REST based web services; JSON, XML
• Experience with data analysis
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in a collaborative (Agile) environment
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175058