MasterCard Lead Product Manager- Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager- Technical
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world and to doing well by doing good. Mastercard relies on our global workforce to help us achieve our goal of building a sustainable, inclusive global economy. The Mastercard Way encourages us, connects us with the behaviors that represent the essence of not only what we do but who we are as an organization. Cultivating an environment for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views and experiences drives a global and collaborative culture of inclusion and sense of belonging.
Our Franchise and Legal Solutions team contributes to the future of Mastercard by enabling growth in products, markets, services and innovations in an increasingly complex and competitive environment, while protecting our brand and business. We support, enable, and protect the franchise agreement by implementing the rules of the road for anyone interacting with our business. Our teams design, develop, and maintain comprehensive business solutions that connect the dots across different regions and functions. Our deep technology portfolio offers ample room for engineers to use innovation as a driver of strategy. Technologists working with us will grow in Agile, architecture, design, engineering, and strategy.
• Responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Architects, Developers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Elaborates end to end features with the customer impact in mind
• Acts as the voice of the business customer, can clearly articulate the purpose and impact of the work requested
• Exhibits expertise across multiple platform products
• Builds tight connections to resources to drive overall strategy and teams inside your organization while influencing those outside your organization to deliver the expected results
• Identify short-and-medium-term risks to platform product development and segment adoption, while proposing solutions to address them
• Use data to make decisions
• Continuously monitor and analyze key performance indicators on the organization’s score card and move them in a positive direction
• Makes trade-off decisions on multiple solutions
• Manage escalations, assess the alternative to resolve (path to green) and builds a plan for resolution
• Shares best practice with other Mastercard teams
• Engages with business customers to identify key platform product issues; solicits feedback on platform product roadmap
• Leverages data analysis skills to research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading cross-disciplinary teams where necessary and communicating recommendations to senior leadership
• Oversees team-wide product operations, leads junior PM-Ts who may own individual components, and coordinates team-wide improvement goals
• Represents Mastercard with external stakeholders for escalations and during strategic roadmap discussions
• Participates in customer research with the business to gain end-to-end real-world understanding of customer needs and platform product value
• May be an individual contributor with advanced knowledge in assigned discipline, leading larger, more complex initiative
• Meets with business leaders to discuss and elicit under-the-surface needs and translate them into specific business/project objectives
• Identifies appropriate solutions for more complex, less common issues
• Recognizes and escalates trends in key business problems in association with internal customers and contributes ideas for improvement
• Leads acquisition integration projects or other key strategic projects that require significant coordination & changes to application structure.
•Experience building complex business and/or transactional models in a product line management, e-commerce, and/or strategic planning role
•Can deliver high quality technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
•Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
•Proven ability to lead in a matrix environment
•Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
•Experience and proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), microservice design, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
•Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes
•Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
•Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.) and CI/CD
•Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
•Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing executive leadership while commanding the respect of the individual engineers across the organization
•Deep understanding of the platform, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems
•Relevant experience in requirements gathering and relationship building with business clients
•Able to lead project teams, collaborate with business partners, vendor/ consulting organizations and peer level professionals
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162615