MasterCard Lead Product Manager- Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager- Technical
Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) – Lead Product Manager-Technical (Partner Interface and API)
About Mastercard & Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES):
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our team’s mission is to make payments easy, fast and as secure as possible. That’s why we’ve developed technology that enables mobile payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, etc.) and secure, tokenized remote commerce payments. We call the set of services delivering this "MDES”. We’ve experienced incredible success and growth, with 10s of billions of transactions being processed each year, however now we are focusing on ensuring the success continues as we scale MDES even further.
• Are you passionate about developing world class products?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your product ideas have on a wide range of customers around the world?
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives, while encouraging and fostering your own professional learning and career development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
The MDES Partner Interface & API team is looking for a Lead Product Manager-Technical who will act as the link between development, product and commercially facing teams for the delivery of new features and enhancements to the MDES platform.
• Responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions through elaboration of features and stories, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Collects and shares user stories with engineering teams
• Ensures business requirements are accurately captured through collaboration with service owners, regional leads and Mastercard clients.
About the Role
• Elaborates business requirements to highlight new or enhanced features for the MDES platform and API interfaces
• Identify gaps and charter new platform capabilities as required
• Leverage research, user studies, metrics, and competitive analysis to understand and communicate business needs for the platform product
• Collaborate with service owners and regional leads to compare features for competitive review to inform prioritization within a platform product release
• Identify innovations or perform test and learn experiments to create features that enhance business and customer value for a platform product
• Engage with the business in customer research to inform platform product feature needs
• Contribute near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap
• Understand and make trade-off decisions on platform product features
• Use runtime metrics of in-market services as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balance the data against new feature requests
• Serve as a subject-matter-expert and thought-leader with interdependent teams on platform feature areas
• Digest business customer requirements (user stories, use cases) and platform requirements to define platform feature sets
• Maintain visibility on and input into the design of the user experience
• Determine release goals for the platform and prioritize assigned features according to business and platform value, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Continuously monitor feature development at the feature level
• Review product demos with the development team against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepare launches and monitor platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Identify issues that will prevent platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and communicate these to leadership
• Support and participate in post-launch reviews and ensure feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Partner with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Develop and implement new metrics into measurement techniques; work with development teams to develop monitoring reports
• Independently identify and research anomalous performance; escalating findings to senior management
• Coordinate internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Identify feature risks from business and customer feedback and in-depth analysis of operational performance, sharing these with senior leadership, as needed
• Establish a network within the organization; building and nurturing internal and external networks
• Mentor team members
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161434