MasterCard Lead Product Manager - Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager - Technical
Be part of the Operations & Technology developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
• Would you like to be part of industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
• Identifies gaps and charters new platform capabilities as required
• Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product
• Compares features for competitive review to inform prioritization within a platform product release
• Contributes input for the platform product portfolio and roadmap
• Makes trade-off decisions on platform product features
• Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Exhibits expertise within platform feature area and coordinates with interdependent teams
• Digests business customer requirements (user stories, use cases) and platform requirements for a platform feature set
• Has visibility into the design of the user experience
• Determines release goals with Solution Managers for the platform and prioritizes assigned features according to business and platform value, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Reviews product demo with the development team against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and communicates to leadership
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Develops and implements new metrics into measurement techniques; works with development teams to develop reports to monitor them
• Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Owns and manages product documentation; enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
• Identifies feature risks from business and customer feedback and in-depth analysis of operational performance
• Establishes a network within the organization; begins to build internal and external networks
• Work with internal customers and supporting service teams to ensure an engaging partnership.
• Understand and help define the product vision while ensuring an overall understanding across the platform
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• High level of ownership on platform services and components
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Take the time to fully learn the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems supporting your platform products. This includes the business requirements and associated use cases, Mastercard customer's experience, Mastercard's back office systems, the technical stack (application/service architecture), interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Understands and can explain the business context and the associated customer use cases
• Proficient at grooming user stories, setting entrance/exit criteria and prioritizing a platform product backlog
• Understands the technologies supporting the platform product and are able to hold your own in debates with other PM-Ts, TPMs, SDEs, and SPMs
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
• Improve team processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163237