MasterCard Lead Product Manager - Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager - Technical
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are a globally located team supporting several technologies used by Mastercard workforce. All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day – own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. Technologies supported by this team are hosted in various cloud provider platform like GCP, AWS and Azure. We also support few applications hosted on-premises developed in Java & Angular JS. He or she tightly collaborate with business team and technology vendors gather business requirements, process, and document them. Partner with product owners to understand new business opportunities. Define business and functional requirements based on those new business opportunities. Liaise between product and technical teams to the purpose of ensuring technical teams have sufficient information to complete design, coding, testing, and implementation phases of the project life cycle.
• Partner with business owners to understand new business opportunities and define the business and functional requirements.
• Partner with business owners to build roadmaps for diverse portfolio of applications.
• Deliver high quality business and functional requirements to the development teams for the purpose of completing the design, coding, testing, and implementation phases of the project life cycle.
• Coordinate and participate in review; revisions; changes; enhancements; testing; documentation; and member notification of product enhancements and/or business opportunities.
• Work closely with developers and requesters identifying data and functional requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
• Ensure development objectives are accomplished; user testing is performed; and member notification is prepared in a timely fashion.
• Develop and participate in the review of business and functional requirements and determine primary functions that the project is to provide.
• Document and coordinate changes and enhancements of products and services and prepare and/or present documentation of business/technical presentations.
• Conduct Product Demos/Showcase to the business teams and cross-functional teams.
All About You:
• Knowledge of the Human Resource Domain preferred.
• Strong relationship, collaborative skills, and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
• Knowledge of agile methodologies preferred.
• Experience with Confluence, Rally or JIRA, Microsoft Project & Excel
• Familiarity with software development, technical terms and general concepts (especially experience with Java, API's & SSO)
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-188566