MasterCard Lead Product Manager - Technical (Systems Analyst) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager - Technical (Systems Analyst)
• MasterCard Dispute Resolution Services team
• Are you motivated by using state of the art technologies to speed business solutions to market?
• Would you like to work on a team building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to create innovative solutions to challenging business problems?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
The Dispute Resolution Services team develops new capabilities for MasterCard's Dispute Platform, which serves as
single point where all issuer and acquires come together to mediate their disputed transactions, exposed via our Developer zone and web presence to 3000+ customers.
• Working closely with developers, testers, and business teams to identify user, data and system needs in the design of new or enhanced workflow solutions.
• Conduct independent research to analyze information and data needed for requirement development.
• Collaborate with all project stakeholders, including process owners, to write quality complete high level product requirements using Agile methodology.
• Partner closely with a focused development team to create and execute detailed functional requirements in order to ensure business objectives are met and a functional, high-quality product is delivered in a timely manner.
• Foster a culture of dedication, teamwork, problem solving, and continuous improvement
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
• Verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with key project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organisation.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Great knowledge of IT processes and willingness to constantly update knowledge
• Exhibit good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and other application
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179099