MasterCard Lead Network Architect in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Network Architect
Lead Network Architect
The Network Architecture team responsibilities include:
• Develops target architecture to support business strategies, including creating blueprints, standards, and roadmaps for platform and infrastructure components
• Assesses current state technology solutions and develops new concepts and designs to develop a fully documented enterprise business architecture
• Collaborates with business partners early in the product development lifecycle to provide an IT perspective and inform on business architecture and technology platform plans
• Consults with development and test teams to achieve performance, reliability, and security goals to optimize network capabilities
• Prepares and delivers materials to provide updates, summaries, and other communications to stakeholders and management regarding network strategies and roadmaps
• Mentors and coaches staff by providing training to develop technical skills and capabilities across the organization
• Provide strategic technical direction on highly complex network projects or activities involving the selection and recommendation of design approach and systems technology.
• Manage several projects pertaining to customer WAN, data center and security applications
• Own network roadmaps associated with hardware selection type and code level.
• Support supplier and vendor management including potential evaluation and selection of new products.
• Research and develop automation tools to support the Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) movement.
• Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis.
All About You
• 5+ years experience in Network Engineering, Design, and Architecture adhering to current standard design methodologies and best practices.
• Ability to uncovering core requirements and place them into a network design that meets the business needs.
• Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPv6 addressing.
• Firewall experience: Checkpoint as well as Palo Alto.
• Knowledge of Cisco’s & Arista’s latest product portfolios
• Extensive knowledge of Network diagnostics, protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, OMP, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
• Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including; DMVPN, IPSec and GRE tunnels, PKI certificates, and SSL/MSSL.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent presentation skills.
• Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented. with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
• Methodical problem resolving skills and mastery of developing high level and detailed network designs; solid web applications and technologies a plus; Cisco certifications such as CCNP/CCDP or CCIE desired but not required; Security certifications such SSCP or CISSP desired but not required.
• Design, engineer and implementation of Software Defined Networking. special focus on Arista Cloud Vision.
• Design, engineer and implement software defined WAN.
• Research and develop innovative solutions that support cloud connect strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-180793