MasterCard Lead Integration Security Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Integration Security Engineer
Mastercard is seeking candidates to join our Security Engineering team to work on a number of integration projects. The focus of the role is to help establish common security controls and operating practices across a new Mastercard organisation, to align with our security standards.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security including technology and process?
• Can you analyse system architecture to reduce security risk to an acceptable level, while still maintaining operational services?
• Have you performed security analysis of applications, networks and the interaction between components to understand the threats, attacks, and propose secure ways to build systems?
• Are you aware of standards and best practices for managing security throughout an organisation to ensure successful business operation?
• Assist colleagues in acquired company to understand Mastercard's security standards and processes.
• Review current security posture to identify areas of weaknesses or potential security risks.
• Propose security controls to remediate identified gaps, while facilitating smooth ongoing operations and processes.
• Influence the security design and architecture by recommending optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements for new or enhanced systems.
• Analyse custom-developed software systems including threat modelling to ensure resilience and adequate protection of sensitive information.
• Be Security Engineering's technical advocate to the acquired organisation, and facilitate the inclusion of other Corporate Security subject matter experts in system design.
• Maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal Mastercard stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers, and senior management.
All About You
• Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy including relevant practical experience.
• Demonstrate a broad awareness of security operations concepts and practices across all phases of the delivery lifecycle.
• Experience providing security architecture advice for internet-facing network environments and secure communication for web applications and web services.
• Technical experience with integrating security features into complex systems.
• Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications.
• Knowledge of relevant industry standards and guidelines such as ISO27001, PCI-DSS, NIST SP800-53.
• Knowledge and some experience in the practical application of cryptography to protect data and communications, e.g., encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS.
• Understanding of security risk related to data science and machine learning.
• Knowledge of how to secure cloud-based services.
• Awareness of security operations and integration in an enterprise environment, including event monitoring.
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly in a multi stakeholder environment.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137948