MasterCard Lead Information Security Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Information Security Engineer
Job Description Summary
Mastercard is seeking candidates to join the Cyber Range team in O'Fallon, MO. The Cyber Range purpose is to design, architect and build environments to enable offensive and defensive security testing and competitions. The Cyber Range is developing the next generation of cyber security challenges using gamification and simulated environments. The Cyber Range also has a passion for developing and upskilling Cyber Security talent within Mastercard.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in cyber security including offensive and defensive security disciplines?
• Can you create, design, and architect virtualized environments and related components?
• Do you enjoy building environments, and then introducing automation to gain efficiency?
• Do you live on the bleeding edge of security research and have a passion for technology?
• Do you always read the documentation?
• Have you participated in a Capture-the-Flag and thought it would be awesome to build one?
• Do you frequently find yourself using analogies to explain complex topics?
• Do you like to talk about what you have built-learned-researched and help others to implement this in their program?
• Leverage security experience and knowledge within multiple cyber security domains to support and maintain competition environments for participants to attack and defend systems.
• Develop and implement technical designs and architecture to support, build and maintain ephemeral environments
• Develop technical documentation of environment builds
• Develop, implement, and maintain networks and systems for use in training exercises
• Develop, implement, and maintain infrastructure-as-code
• Provide mentorship and training to Mastercard Cyber Security work roles
All About You
• Ability to independently evaluate and take ownership of new technology/software
• Ability to use system thinking, problem solving, and decision-making models
• Expertise of cyber security principles, theories, and concepts, advanced knowledge of current systems, networks, or specialized security technologies
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
• Strong knowledge of cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure etc..)
• Excellent networking experience (Cisco, Juniper, NSX-T)
• Excellent programming and scripting (Go, Bash, PowerShell, Python)
• Excellent System Administration skills across multiple operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac)
• Advanced knowledge of virtualization, specifically VMware technologies (VCF, vSphere, Tanzu)
• Advanced REST API knowledge (JSON, XML)
• Advanced knowledge and experience with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Advanced experience working with automation technologies (Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Concourse CI)
• Proficient knowledge of GIT workflows
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146139