MasterCard Lead Information Security Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Information Security Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Business Security Enablement (BSE) team is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to join us working out of our O'Fallon Missouri office. The Business Security Enablement guild is a worldwide team of information security experts focused on helping Mastercard achieve its goals by ensuring security is at the heart of everything we do. Mastercard is researching and developing the next generation of products, services, and solutions at scale to enable consumers to conduct transactions securely, efficiently, and intelligently far beyond traditional payment cards that you may know us for.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure engineering disciplines?
• Can you demonstrate an advanced working level in network and security best practices?
• Can you advise product and operational teams on how to securely design applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing security?
• Can you analyze a solution to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user?
• Apply knowledge of security principles, theories and concepts to business and development life cycle.
• Take a Lead Security Position in larger, more complex initiatives for DevOps, IaaS/PaaS, Cloud and CI/CD strategic importance (e.g., global initiatives, cross functional/cross geographies).
• Provide strategic leadership regarding organization-wide risks, standards, technologies, and methodologies.
• Recognize security, fraud, regulatory or legal risks to MasterCard and proactively drive conversations with business owners.
• Work closely with developers to evaluate business requests to determine feasibility.
• Provide and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
• Ensure established security policies and standards are observed on projects
• Provide technical support for business owners to ensure adherence to requirements and document problem areas with resolutions.
• Document enhancements to security standards and procedures.
• Prepare and present business/technical presentations.
• Investigate/Research MasterCard or industry business/technical security processes.
All About You:
• Undergraduate degree preferably in computer science/information security or work experience equivalent of 7-10 years in information security disciplines
• CISSP or Industry recognized security certification desired.
• Advanced knowledge of security protocols and standards, experience with software, security architectures and security designs.
• Technical experience with Java
• Extensive hands-on experience implementing operating system and application-level security controls.
• Security design and implementation of web-based security architecture for secure on-line transactions
• Knowledge or technical security experience in Cryptography
• Working knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric encryption, Digital Certificates, SSL, VPN, IPSec, development of DMZ's and other security tools and processes such as privileged identity management, file integrity, audit, logging and IDS/IPS.
• Experience with the consumption of IaaS and virtualization platforms.
• Hands on experience in developing automated builds and tests using continuous integration (CI) tools
• Experience with automation of content federation and life-cycle management including OS images, binary packages and configuration management
• Intermediate to advanced hands-on scripting experience
• Practical use of version control systems
• Moderate to extensive hands-on administrative and security experience with Linux systems
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-156995