MasterCard Lead Information Security Engineer - Salesforce CRM and SaaS Platforms in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Information Security Engineer - Salesforce CRM and SaaS Platforms
The Business Security Enablement (BSE) team is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to join us focused on supporting and critically securing our SaaS technology and deployments. The Business Security Enablement guild is a worldwide team of information security experts focused on helping Mastercard achieve its goals by ensuring security is a first though in design in everything we do. Mastercard is researching and developing the next generation of products, services, and solutions at scale to enable consumers to conduct transactions securely, efficiently, and intelligently far beyond traditional payment cards that you may know us for.
"Business Enablement" is the key phrase for this role. You will partner with both business and technology teams to safely and securely progress the technology and integrations needed to drive the business forward. This role will be focused on the Salesforce CRM SaaS Platform used by many parts of the organization globally as well as other cloud and SaaS technology.
Mastercard's various instances of Salesforce require security monitoring, best practices, and evaluations to ensure safety and security of our sales and marketing data, integrations, and technology solutions.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure engineering disciplines?
• Can you demonstrate an advanced working level in application technology and security best practices?
• Can you advise product and operational teams on how to securely adopt and deploy SaaS following industry best practices and enhance existing security?
• Can you analyze a solution to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user?
• Apply knowledge of security principles, theories and concepts to business and development life cycle.
• Take a Lead Security Position in larger, more complex initiatives for our Salesforce platform program (e.g., global initiatives, cross functional/cross geographies).
• Provide strategic leadership regarding organization-wide risks, standards, technologies, and methodologies.
• Work closely with program engineers to evaluate business requests to determine feasibility.
• Provide and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
• Ensure established security policies and standards are observed on projects.
• Provide technical support for business owners to ensure adherence to requirements and document problem areas with resolutions.
• Document enhancements to security standards and procedures.
• Prepare and present business/technical presentations.
• Investigate/Research MasterCard or industry business/technical security processes.
All About You
• Adaptive communication skills to influence cross-functionally without direct authority, comfort speaking with customers and business partners at all levels.
• Motivated self-starter with agility and ability to manage ambiguity, and deal with and anticipate change while still meeting business objectives.
• Passion for great product design, security, and usability.
• Experience with application threat modeling or other risk identification techniques.
• Experienced in mobile security architecture concepts, design, and implementation for Android and iOS is a plus.
• Current knowledge of security best practices, common exploits, and threat landscape.
• Strong understanding of Information Security, Authentication, and Data Privacy within the domain of Digital Commerce including relevant practical experience.
• Demonstrated experience designing secure multi-domain internet-facing applications.
• Knowledge of the security architecture of web-based network environments and secure communication between environments
• Knowledge and technical security experience in Cryptography, including several of the following: PKI, Digital Certificates, SSL, Hashing, Encryption techniques, and so on.
• Good understanding of Software Development especially related to secure coding best practices. Prior experience programming in Java is a plus.
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182881