MasterCard Lead Information Security Engineer, Cloud in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Information Security Engineer, Cloud
The Lead Cloud Security Engineer will design and implement security solutions in support of Mastercard’s cloud security strategy. This position will focus on enabling business opportunities by ensuring the secure deployment of Mastercard applications and services.
• Can you demonstrate a good working level of knowledge in information security principles, theories and concepts?
• Can you collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams to securely develop, build, and deploy cloud native and multi-cloud applications and infrastructure?
• Can you perform security analysis of application architectures and cloud services; identifying methods to mitigate threats, attacks and risks to payment applications?
• Leads the designing, testing, and implementation of complex security solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements for cloud environments
• Consults with development and operational teams to securely design applications and services following industry best practices
• Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of internal Mastercard stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, and engineers
• Performs technology evaluations, supporting business case development, test case definition, and vendor selection based on industry standard criteria
All About You
• Advanced knowledge of information security, risk management, and data privacy within the domain of digital commerce including relevant practical experience
• Advanced knowledge of security capabilities and constraints related to native AWS services, including relevant practical experience
• Good understanding of firewalls, threat prevention and detection, and application security principles
• Good understanding of identity management, user authentication and authorization principles
• Demonstrated technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications
• Demonstrated effectiveness working in a global environment
• Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145569