MasterCard Lead Incident Responder in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Incident Responder
The Security Operations Center (SOC) is a high-performance team responsible for security monitoring and response using advanced toolsets. The team is available 24/7 though a globally distributed operational team. The Security Monitoring and Response Lead Analyst is an integral member of the SOC’s Incident Response team, providing direct support for security incidents and specializes in our cloud security operations.
• Do you want to be part of the team handling complex technical monitoring and response functions during a security incident?
• Have you provided technical leadership or oversight to junior analysts?
• Do you want to improve security operations through technical projects and process improvements in the Cloud Security domain?
• Takes ownership of Incidents reported to the Incident Response Team end to end.
• Drives the SOC’s Incident Response team’s cloud response playbook and integrates cloud security response plans into the SOC organization.
• Regularly reviews team performance and participates in metrics and quality assurance activities.
• Performs technical analysis for security Incidents, including for cases of malware, web attacks, lateral movement, and other ad hoc issues as they arise.
• Represent the SOC in the Region.
• Identify and lead projects with the focus of making technological improvements to SOC operations.
• Maintain on-call hours to handle escalated events after hours and maintain the ability to provide rare emergency coverage in the SOC if needed.
• Mentor and coach SOC Tier 1 staff members to assist with improving operations and increasing their capabilities.
All About You
• Hold or able to gain one or more recognized security industry certifications like Security+, CEH, CISSP, CISM, SANS GSEC/GCIA/GCIH, AZ500, AWS Security etc.
• Experience with public cloud technology, including AWS and Azure
• Three years of technical security experience, with exposure to Digital Forensics/Incident Response (DFIR) functions, preferably in cloud environments.
• Experience with a SIEM tool and/or security orchestration applications
• Strong understanding of ATT&CK Framework, Common Web Attacks, NIST or ISO Incident Handling Procedures, Knowledge of Windows and Unix Based Operating Systems, and Networking Principles.
• Experience with PowerShell, bash, python, or other scripting languages desired.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in ambiguous and/or high-pressure situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high-performance team.
• Availability for on-call rotations for escalations during off-hours.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150142